At Rhymetec we make audits more efficient (and less of a hassle) by implementing technologies and controls to meet each SOC 2 criteria. We also provide compliance reports and automatic threat updates.
I What is SOC 2?
SOC 2 is an auditing procedure that ensures your service providers securely manage your data to protect the interests of your organization and the privacy of its clients. For security-conscious businesses, SOC 2 compliance is a minimal requirement when considering a SaaS provider.
SOC 2 defines criteria for managing customer data based on five “trust service principles”:
- Processing Integrity
SOC 2 reports are unique to each organization. This is because of specific business practices that each organization may use. Each designs its own controls to comply with one or more of the trust principles. These internal reports provide you with important information about how your service provider mangoes data.
There are two types of SOC reports:
- SOC 1 Type I report is an attestation of controls at a service organization at a specific point in time,
- SOC 1 Type II report is an attestation of controls at a service organization over a minimum six-month period.
Without SOC services, cyber-criminal attacks can remain hidden for a long time as some companies do not have skills to detect and respond to threats in a timely manner. SOC 2 certification will allow companies to have a better visibility on their environment, have skills, processes and continuous improved threat management.
At Rhymetec we take security seriously. SOC 2 certification demonstrates compliance and an important aspect for our clients is that they can trust that we have taken all necessary measures to protect the information processed in our service offering. In addition to our ISO 27001 certification the SOC 2 Type II report provides additional verification and detailed descriptions of the applied security controls in place at Rhymetec.
We make audits more efficient (and less of a hassle) by implementing technologies and controls to meet each SOC 2 criteria. We also provide compliance reports and automatic threat updates.
At Rhymetec we implement multiple systems to get you SOC 2 compliant, these include but are not limited to:
- Bringing in credible auditors
- Auditing the 5 criterias for SOC 2 compliance
- We make sure that your system is protected against unauthorized access for both physical and logical
- We ensure that your system is available for operation and use as you’ve agree to with your customers.
- Processing Integrity
- We use data roadmaps and management software to make sure that your system is processing data accurately, timely, and with authority.
- We systematically organize information at Rhymetec as to ensure the protection of confidential information as agreed to with your customers
- We ensure that your organization will stay in compliance as privacy is secured.
- Building a roadmap to SOC 2 Compliance
- A formal Audit
- Certification and Recertification
- It is imperative to maintain certification. This will require you to undergo regular annual audits to ensure that your security measures and documentation scale with your organization.
Our team is dedicated to delivering premium-tier service to ensure SOC 2 compliance, from comprehensive data management plans, to fully itemized reports that provide information regarding methodology, findings, potential mitigations, and our recommendations.
Rhymetec specializes in enabling meaningful, real world solutions to the most pressing challenges of the modern enterprise security environment. Assessment and reporting is contextualized to your business sector, and custom-tailored to your specific environment.
Our process is engineered to provide all the data and insights needed for you to make informed decisions and take definitive action.