What is DPO As A Service
A Data Protection Officer (DPO) ensures that your organization complies with the legislation, acts accordingly regarding data protection practices and has general ownership of data processing activities. For some organizations, it’s mandatory to have a nominated DPO, but it’s almost always recommended. Rhymetec’s DPO as a Service makes it possible for your organization to outsource the role of a DPO. The outsourced DPO performs the tasks described in the GDPR allowing you to reach the desired compliance level. Our DPO as a Service is an all-inclusive data protection and privacy service that is not only limited to the tasks and responsibilities of the GDPR. The service includes a data protection annual plan to lay out all the steps to reach a desired level of compliance.
What does a DPO do?
- Composing and maintaining a data protection annual plan
- Practical operations, like personnel training, creating and maintaining data inventory and records of processing activities, as well as composing and planning processes
- Informs and advises the customer on privacy and data protection
- Monitors compliance
- Provides advice on conducting DPIA’s
- Co-operates with supervisory authorities
- Acts as a contact point for supervisory authorities
How We Do It
The service deployment process for our DPO as a Service starts off with a setup workshop, where the organization’s current situation is assessed, and an annual plan is composed outlining the activities and tasks to become compliant. Activities can be divided into reactive and proactive support, which in combination create a comprehensive DPO service. The annual plan is implemented based on a chosen service level, which sets the extent and schedule of the service. This enables us to optimize the service on your organization’s needs.